View Single Post
Old 11-26-2017, 02:11 PM   #30
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
Can you actually read at any of those settings? If so, I guess my eyes are worse than I thought, as I can just barely make out a few words on the Voyage at that light level, and on the Oasis, it doesn't look like there is anything at all on the screen until the last image, when I can make out a few words.

Shari
Since you have both a Voyage and an Oasis 2, I'm not sure whether you are asking about the actual devices in a dark room or the images I posted.

For the images I posted, it is very dependent on the computer screen and somewhat dependent on the light level in the room. In general, I think the pictures in post #19 are significantly brighter than on the actual kindles, so I made the pictures in post #28 but maybe went too far the other way. On my computer monitor, post #28 Voyage images are comfortably readable and the Oasis images are hard to read until about the third one and the brightest two are fine. On my Samsung tablet, the Voyage images are also OK, but the slightest glare completely washes out the darker Oasis images, which are also hard to even see in a dark room. The brighter Oasis images are readable, but tiring.

For the actual devices, the Voyage is comfortable for me at brightness 6 in a completely dark room, brightness 3 is perfectly readable, but tiring. In normal mode, the Oasis is readable at 1, but I prefer 2 or 3. In inverted mode, 1 is readable, but very tiring, 2 a bit better, and 3 comfortable.

Since you read your Voyage at brightness 11, it is not surprising that the post #28 images are too dark to read. On the devices I viewed them, they are significantly darker than the actual devices, which get pretty dark as it is. But for me, the post 19 images are quite a bit brighter than the actual devices.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote