View Single Post
Old 03-02-2021, 02:39 PM   #29775
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
I'm currently listening to it as well (the new version with Nicholas Ralph narrating), and I'm quite enjoying it. And while I originally found Siegfried seriously annoying, as the stories go on, he's growing on me. Tristan, on the other hand, is annoyingly callow.

The new TV series is good, though I'm not sure it's as true to the books as the original was. But certainly good enough that I'm hoping it returns for more.
I'm nearly 2/3 of the way through and I am finding Siegfried rather beastly. Even through Herriot's "he is not a monster to me and wants me to learn" lenses, he is really quite awful to everyone in his own way. He takes just about as much responsibility for things as his brother does, he just does it with a more distinguished reputation so he gets away with it.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote