View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 06:21 PM   #5
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
It looks like B&N has certainly raised the bar. I am very interested in seeing what others will do. Amazon and Sony are among the leaders of the pack in offering cludgy firmware on unsophisticated underpowered ugly hardware to what they consider tech non-savvy book worms, and I for one resent it. Of all of the readers I’ve seen, only software readers that run on other platforms e.g. PCs, PDAs, SmartPhones, etc have any degree of sophistication at all.

This Android based device is exciting, but I can’t help but think there is much more to be offered in the run up to Christmas. Then comes the after Christmas lessons learned period. What sold and what didn’t.

I have two dedicated readers and several devices that can be used as readers, I think I’ll just bide my tome and see what develops.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote