View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 12:59 PM   #21
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AThirstyMind View Post
In Word I just set the Default to Times New Roman and 12pt and single space with an indent of 0.25in... I believe the Amazon instructions suggest defaulting to TNR. When I get the file in Sigil to edit the epub and set the Guide items before taking the epub through KindlePreviewer/Kindlegen, should I be doing something to the font here? It just seems weird that other fonts are available for all the epub devices as well as the Kindle app 'mobi' but not the actual Kindle.
Yes, but did you set the font at the paragraph level? (At the style for Normal?) Did you create a new style? The Guide items have nothing to do with the font. ePUB devices and Kindle render books quite differently, as is also the case with actual Kindles and Kindle reading apps, which are essentially mini-browsers, not devices.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote