View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 03:19 PM   #303
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Apple with the genius and marketing of Steve Jobs got out of the gates first with two game changing products the iPhone and the iPad. Their lead was bound to be cut as time passed, and we have seen that.

What has also happened is that the money that Apple made with it's startling success, has just piled up. Jobs didn't like to give "dividends" or otherwise fritter away the profits. Instead he used that money to increase the margins on Apple products by working on manufacturing contracts and agreements, by fighting tooth and nail to keep others from "borrowing" or even appearing to borrow Apple technology.

Apple never found a another new product like the phone and pad that would be a breakthrough. The Apple TV is only a small niche player.
The rest of the Apple line has been bolstered.

The real question is whether Apple has been too slow to diversify it's phone and pad lines by offering different sizes and price ranges.
I think that it is correct about not offering "cheap" products for that would disillusion Apple buyers but I doubt the strict adherence to "size" constraints has been all that wise.

Still I have to admit I don't have a 100 Billion or so in my bank account, so what the heck do I know?