View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 10:20 AM   #35
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Sorry, I knew there was something I forgot to mention or fix. This is only retrieving the reading location for epubs. For this, I ignore kepubs because they get synced to the Kobo server. But, of course I forgot about the extended driver. Well, it didn't exist when I initially wrote this, but I haven't gotten around to adding them. It shouldn't be to hard, so I will do that in the next few days.

Also, I have been inconsistent with my terminology. I keep using "bookmark", because I think of using a bookmark in a paperback to remember where I am up to*. Kobo allows multiple bookmarks. This function is only looking at the current reading position. i.e. The place the book will open to.

Annotations and the tap-the-top-corner bookmarks aren't handled by this. The two annotation options in the plugin do. But, the Annotations plugin does a much better job of handling them. I plan to write the code so that it can read the Kobo devices. I have done enough to know it is possible, but need to return to it.
Thanks for explaining that - I was pretty sure I was following the instructions - now I understand why I wasn't getting the expected results.

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote