View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 03:41 AM   #6
codeMonkey
Zealot
codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Cool-ER (running pocketbook firmware), Nokia N800, Nokia N900
Quote:
Originally Posted by kycrout View Post
Sorry just bought it, and for the life of me cannot figure out the following two aspects

1) So Im reading the book, and I want to switch off - sometimes it remembers which page I was on sometimes it does not - Must I do something before turning it off?
This one depends on the version of the firmware that you're running.

I've seen the following occur:
If two or more 'real' pages span across a single eink/screen-sized page, it stores the number of the first 'real' page.
e.g.
page1 | page 1 of ebook
page2 |
------------------
page2 | page 2 of ebook
page3 |

When the device turns on and realises you were on page 2 of the actual book, it puts you at the start of page 2, which in this case is page 1 of the ebook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kycrout View Post
2) I was reading a book, and pressed the menu button (second up from the bottom) this takes me to the folders - HOW can I get back to the book and page I was last on?
Pressing the menu button dumps you back into the library menu. It only stores which folder you were last in while the device stays powered on. As soon as you power cycle it, it forgets were you were in the library.
Unfortunately you have to navigate back through manually, but at least it'll still remember the page you were on (for the most part).
codeMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote