View Single Post
Old 08-11-2018, 12:57 AM   #60
Cootey
Groupie
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura ONE LE, Kindle Paperwhite 7, iPad Air, iPhone 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
Amazon needs to address the hang while indexing problem. The only reason I would buy the 32gb is to dump my entire library in one go. If I have to dribble it out like this I'm not going to bother.

My habit is to keep a few books I'm reading on the kindle. After a while I accumulate about 100 on the device, but that's about it. Occasionally, in a fit of enthusiasm I may load 5, 10 at a time, and it's a pain when the indexing hangs and I have to delete and load one at a time to see which the offending book is.

The software needs to monitor the process and if it determines the indexing on a book isn't progressing as expected to put it at the end of queue and move on. It should show you the book(s) being indexed and % completed and let you stop indexing on some books and maybe just let them go unindexed.
Here we are, almost a year later, and this one post succinctly states how things should be, yet not a single one of these improvements have been in multiple software upgrades. I know. Amazon doesn't read these forums, but Barty's suggestions are fairly obvious fixes. I've only got 300+ books, not the thousands some of you have. I bought a brand new Paperwhite gen 7, grabbed EVERYTHING, then have been pulling my hair out trying to figure out why the thumbnails haven't loaded after two weeks. I didn't have this problem with my Paperwhite Gen 6. Thanks to Harry's discovery, I'm now s l o w l y downloading 10 books at a time.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote