View Single Post
Old 03-18-2018, 10:18 AM   #7
stethorn
Connoisseur
stethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaspercam View Post
Thanks for the reply. By gradient are you saying all oasis 2 are a white colour on the right and a murky yellow on the left? This doesn’t seem like it’s by design it’s very obvious and distracting. If this is the case why design a premium device with un even lighting am I missing something? Or do people prefer multiple colours? I read many many articles talking about the device having more lights installed compared to the other devices which is supposed to present a brighter screen and white even finish (but I’m getting the oppiste). I’m just not sure it has much to do with my eyes being sensitive in this case as I’ve asked two friends who found it very obvious + I’ve borrowed my friends voyage and oasis 1 and my own paperwhite and never had such a drastic colour change halfway across the screen. I’m just a little baffled about all of this to be honest and wonder why they are priced so high considering.
Having the same issue with mine , the first book I read it was really noticeable however on 2nd book I can’t notice it as much. Maybe as other people have mentioned it’ could be my eyes ajustjng to it.
I am with you though when you say it’s a premium device , very tempted to swap for a paperwhite.

I am very much a person that gets bugged when I see a defect and my brain goes into over time looking for other issues :-(
Never really managed to get into reading, hardly use my kobo so when I got gifted a oasis 2 I ended up reading a book in less than 48hrs, now onto another book and thinking about jumping on the kindle unlimited offer up at the end of the month. Totally addicted at the moment.
stethorn is offline   Reply With Quote