View Single Post
Old 12-14-2017, 10:35 PM   #374
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Yeah, I was thinking I could probably use Tor. I'm not especially interested in 'travelling.' I just wanted to show that you could set up a foreign account without lying (when that was such a big deal for some reason).

(BTW: Hombre is a terrific movie. I also have the Elmore Leonard book it was based on. But haven't read it yet.)
What a bizarre situation in the case of The Town that forgot how to breathe. Paper books are of course available for purchase on all the Amazon sites regardless of location. The Kindle edition can be purchased for $A10.99 in Australia and £3.99 (about $A6.99 from the UK. No kindle edition can be purchased from the Us site or, remarkably enough, the Canadian one. The latter is ironic since the author is Canadian and the book apparently has a uniquely Canadian setting. If there are benefits to not making an ebook available in its home market and the largest English speaking market on the face of the earth I'm afraid they escape me. And, of course, all will abide by these restrictions and refrain from travelling, let alone piracy. Won't they?
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote