View Single Post
Old 12-11-2017, 12:58 PM   #59
j.p.s
Wizard
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I've found that it seems to go a lot quicker if you keep the Kindle awake. It seems to slow to a crawl when the Kindle goes to sleep. When I was doing the batch of books in my previous post, I had the Kindle plugged into my laptop's USB port, but "ejected" (ie it was powered, but not in USB drive mode), and I refreshed the page every 5 minutes to keep it awake.
Maybe using the ~ds search string will disable sleep and allow indexing of the most books possible overnight. I just learned of this string yesterday and do not know whether it merely disables the sleep screen being displayed or actually disables sleep.

Of course, if it disables sleep, the battery will drain faster if it is not being charged. Also, the only way that I know to revert the ~ds state is to restart the Kindle, but that seems a small price for maximizing indexing rate for a large number of books, if it works.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote