View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 10:15 AM   #8
Moxie Mezcal
Human Fly
Moxie Mezcal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Moxie Mezcal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Moxie Mezcal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Moxie Mezcal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Moxie Mezcal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Moxie Mezcal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Moxie Mezcal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Moxie Mezcal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Moxie Mezcal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Moxie Mezcal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Moxie Mezcal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPad
Aww, thanks Moejoe.

I whole-heartedly second the recommendation of Name Nick and Small Stories, particularly these two:

Password Incorrect by Name Nick Herman Marmaduke by Small Stories

Here are a few others at Feedbooks that I recommend (although the first one doesn't really apply to nomesque, but everyone else is really doing yourself a disservice if you haven't read it):

DEAD(ish) by Naomi Kramer Tokyo Zero by Marc Horne Cassingle by Jim Hanas

There's also a group called the Year Zero Writers that put out some of the best work I've seen in the indie community. Several of them have individual books out, but there's also an anthology of shorts that's a good place to start:

Brief Objects of Beauty and Despair by Year Zero Writers

Finally, one of the YZW members, Jenn Topper, has a really great non-fiction work out that's basically a story about casting about aimlessly after college as a Gen X / 20-something trying to find yourself and figure out what you're put here on this earth to do:

29 Jobs and a Million Lies by Jenn Topper
Moxie Mezcal is offline   Reply With Quote