View Single Post
Old 09-13-2008, 01:26 PM   #9
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayuri View Post
Thanks for the reply guys.

I think it probably was an issue with the firmware as Windows was asking to check the disk the last time I plugged it in.

I did get an answer back from Bookeen who said it was a missing systemfile and sent me a new one. However, for some bizarre reason my Bookeen has not only the 'checkerboard' still but has become write protected so I can't load anything new onto it.

Any ideas?
And did you check the disk? It sound like you need to reformat the internal partition. What I would do is reformat it as FAT32, create the system directory, copy the system files Bookeen sent to the system directory and test if it works.

I think the file system on the internal partition is corrupt and therefore you cannot write on it.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote