View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 04:15 PM   #26
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
I think either way you have to "know your characters" and they have to act "True to their nature"

I think for some people it's easier to just imagine that situation and let it play out in their minds (or even subconscious), for others it is more of an intellectual process.
This is how I work.

Sure I create it all, but its different ways of getting there... So building on Billy Bob he uses his bat to adjust the attitude of the bar tender ... well of course the bar tender is a smart fellow and has a gun and his bar hop in the back sees the whole thing. She is the kind that would call the cops. And so on.

I see it as set the scene, put my characters in it and star "see" or "working out" what they would do. The characters have to live and breath or the story will be flat. They have to react as if they were alive... so I imagine them alive and watch what happens.

Sure it is still all me (well plus my editors and pre-readers), but it is a METHOD not a madness.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote