View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 12:35 PM   #17
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
That's what the information I found on Google
What seems to have happened is Samsung has changed the stock behavior of ICS to be consistent with their TouchWiz UI. This happens more on phones than on tablets it looks like Samsung has veered from the norm.

One of the strength and weakness of Android is it's openness many vendors have taken to tweaking the Launcher* apps and sometimes the Android internals to add more "features" or produce a user experience that is consistent with a product line. So while vendors do add some nice features they also make Android have a different experience when you transition from one vendor to another. Samsung's Mini Apps is another example of customization that is not an Android feature but a Samsung feature, one that I like very much. I hope future versions of Android include API for those kinds of apps.

If you install Nova or Apex from the Play store you will get a more Stock ICS experience.

*A launcher app is much like a Window manager in UNIX or like the "Explorer" shell in Windows.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote