View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 04:51 AM   #22
kgn
Groupie
kgn has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Pocketbook 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
I shall repeat what I said in my post, "the cover allows access to every port", and yes, including the charge port ..... (on my version). Seems I may have an updated version ?
Certainly not in mine. It is quite a pain. I guess they want you to use the USB port for charging. Perhaps anyone buying one now should specify that they want the cover with the extra hole?

I am thinking about drilling a hole in the leather cover - it should not be that hard.

More an isssue for me at the moment are the side buttons. I had actually contacted Service - I thought the buttons were stuffed. No. The thing is the side buttons are fairly unusual - they pivot on the outside edge. ie when you press on them, you do not press the outside of the button as you would expect - you press the INSIDE of the button. Quite why they decided to do this is beyond me. But anyway - with the leather cover on it is hard to press these buttons as the cover is a very tight fit around the buttons. I have been experimenting - if I use my finger nail I can get the buttons to work ok. Dunno how that is going to work in the long run though.

The thing is, I was putting a bit of pressure on the outside of the buttons, as anybody would. Lucky I did not break any of the buttons! They really should mention this in the manual - if I was near the place I bought it, I would have taken the thing back. It is only after I took the cover off, and gave it a good look over that I realised how the buttons worked. It is a weird design.

The thing is, the cover is looking worse and worse. I am looking at what another poster in this forum did - he (she) got a cover meant for a Kindle 2. Seems a very good idea to me.

Last edited by kgn; 06-15-2010 at 04:54 AM.
kgn is offline   Reply With Quote