View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 05:27 PM   #51
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilron View Post
but what you're explaining isn't multi-tasking. that's just going from one task to the next. sounds like a 2 button press on an iPad. is that really all that much to complain about?
Yeah, it's pretty minor as long as closing the app automatically saves progress.

I do have some need for more true multitasking. Music playing while working (which the iPad can do), instant messenger programs working--always chatting with people off and on while working, e-mail notification to pop up when I have new message as I'm always getting e-mails from students and colleagues.

But the bigger draw backs keeping me from buying day 1 are:

-Not being designed around a stylus and having full handwriting support. Thus I have to wait and see how a capacitive stylus works on it (vs. a wacom stylus touch screen) and what kind of support we get in apps for marking up PDFs, word documents, books etc. since that's my main need for a tablet.

Maybe it will end up working for me on that front, maybe I'll have to wait for a more business oriented tablet build from the ground up around stylus use and document markup.

-Lack of flash, as I watch a lot of TV on hulu, network websites etc. when traveling, and would be taking a tablet in place of my laptop on shorter trips.

Last edited by dmaul1114; 02-08-2010 at 05:29 PM.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote