View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 03:45 AM   #5
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I just deleted all the files and then restarted calibre and did a single file conversion. That created lots of temporarary files which WERE deleted on completion. They were the sorts of files I had previously found (~400Mb worth) left behind. When the job count went back to zero I was left with a single "worker.log" file which then disappeared on exiting calibre. This suggest to me that there is at least an attempt to clean up.

My guess is that sometimes the conversion thread has problems (perhaps even crashes) and that is when log files get left behind.

I guess it is not critical in that when one runs the Windows Disk Cleanup accessory all such files should get removed. It is just one should be aware of this as it can grardually consume disk space on one's system drive if you are not careful.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote