View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 01:52 AM   #147
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
@davidfor,

I've been using v0.9.28 with my Kobo Glo today and am experiencing a few teething problems. Here is a brief summary:
[*]I only just updated to fw2.5.1 from v2.1.5 so this is the first time I've had the 'Set Series info' box checked. For books which don't have Series data, many of them have their Kobo Series field populated with the first char of the book Title after the follow-up connect/disconnect cycle.

I've tried removing these books (via the Kobo) and resending, but the results are the same.
I think this just proves you should have stayed with 2.1.5

What is the save template you are using? There is something that happens with a save template that includes series info and books that don't have series. But, I haven't seen it set the series on the device.

Could you run a debug session? Send a book without series info, disconnect, set the debug title in the driver options to the book name, restart in debug mode and reconnect. Then send me the log.
Quote:
[*]When reconnecting after send-to-device two books do not register a tick in the 'On device' column even though they are still on the Kobo. These particular books are both part of a series (2 diff authors, 2 different series). Because of this the Series data never gets transferred. For both author/series, I also sent other books in the same series which worked OK. Again, I went through the remove-resend loop but the results were always the same.
Do these have multiple authors?
Quote:
[*] When using View details - Details option from the Kobo library list, I thought the Publisher field used to show the date corresponding to calibre's 'pubdate' field. It now always appears to be blank.
The firmware stopped reading the date from epubs with 2.3.1. I think they stopped reading the publisher a little earlier. As you said in your other post the driver could do this when it is setting the series info. I have just been putting it off.

What I can do is to change the "Set series info" option to "Set other metadata". Then have it set the series info, publisher, published date and ISBN. I already have code to do most of it. The only concern is performance. The first connect after sending a lot of books will take more time, but after that, it should be OK.

Opinions anyone?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote