View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 05:04 AM   #366
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
crashed sony PRs 650 afer using plugin

I put a retail epub into calibre, then used the plugin only to strip out ADOBE files & links i.e. ticked only those 2 boxes. The output looked fine in calibre & in sigil but when opened on Sony reader, it caused reader to crash & restart. No error message ( no invalid page error) - just white screen, couple of seconds delay then restart is observed

I am wondering why - I scrolled through this thread but saw no obvious explanation. it is time consuming to debug as it needs a physical connect device, send to device, eject... sequence.

I can work around it, so I am really just flagging this out of curiosity

I have checked
1. the unaltered retail epub opens OK on Sony reader.
2 the tweaked epub is now also OK after doing a calibre epub to epub convert (after stripping the adobe stuff.)

I also observe that this epub has an embedded set of charis fonts - dunno if that is relevant

I am left wondering what the plug-in could have done, or what I could accidentally done to cause the fail on Sony. I did what I usually do, which was to strip unwanted TOC, dedication, blurb... pages before using the plug-in, but that is usually harmless

Last edited by cybmole; 02-01-2013 at 05:06 AM.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote