View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 12:59 PM   #64
taustin
Wizard
taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWinmill View Post
I have had no contract phones that I paid for outright that were locked to a carrier. I have also been accused of having an illegally unlocked phone, even though I bought a phone that was never locked to a carrier. Me thinks that "sufficient competition" claim is a tad too optimistic in the current marketplace because the industry is still getting away with whatever it can.
What forced you to buy those phones? Did someone put a gun to your head? Literally force you to? No. You chose to. You wanted that phone, and what it did, suffiently to accept the terms. So long as the majority of consumers are willing to do so, there is sufficient competition. If enough people refused to play that game, there would be other companies show up with more favorable terms.
taustin is offline   Reply With Quote