View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 02:03 PM   #53
Teknikal
Fanatic
Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Note Pro 12.2, Honor 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
The key is just a password. It'll get passed around with the files like nothing. A lot of places that do post pirated software and the like do the password thing. It's to prevent scraping from idiots who will just put a survey/paywall on top of them on their sites.

I honestly would stay away from it. That guy didn't respect copyright to begin with, and it's not like it's not going to happen again.
I don't see that he did anything more wrong than dropbox or even google drive both let anyone upload files and share the link with anyone else, I don't dispute megaupload was swarmed with piracy but the same is true for a hundred different hosts still running. As far as I know all of them have legitimate uses and will remove copyright material if it's reported and Mega will presumeably do the same.

As for the difference between megaupload and them the hammer really seemed to drop when he suggested a future site that would let artists sell their music directly and put studios out of business for proof of that just search his name and megabox and also have a look at the dates I don't doubt for a second that's the real reason behind his raid.

As for the encryption being bad, if SSL is really that bad all online banks should be instantly pulled as that's what they use as well.
Teknikal is offline   Reply With Quote