View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 10:55 PM   #5
Trauma Doll
Addict
Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Gave up on PW. Using Kindle Keyboard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZImmortal View Post
Can someone let me know what the appeal is of serialized fiction besides the author getting user feedback before writing the next installment? Or is that all there is to the appeal? It seems to me like serial fiction is basically just taking the chapters of a book and releasing them one by one instead of all at once, or is there more to it that I'm missing?
Well...I guess maybe some people like written fiction the way I like television. I don't like movies very much, two hours is just a little too much for my attention span, but I will happily watch 42 minutes of a serialized television show week after week, season after season. And for really good shows (for me that would be something like Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones), the wait each week adds to the ancitipation, and really makes you savor each episode.

Just speculation, though. I don't actually read much fiction these days.
Trauma Doll is offline   Reply With Quote