View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 06:59 PM   #31
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Eating Duck View Post
And, at the end of the day this was a really trivial problem. It could be fixed at any time, in a few seconds, by simply hitting Ctrl+R. It's nice that this memory leak is fixed, but I hope the devs focus their time and energy on adding or improving functionality rather than hunting down these kinds of bugs.
This was an issue that happened occasionally to me, sometimes with calibre, more often with Firefox. Either shutting down the program or rebooting stopped it from happening, so it was - as you say - a minor annoyance overall. But...

Personally, I like a good mix. I'd rather have programmers that care as much about keeping the code "clean" as they are with the latest "bells and whistles".

I know my satisfaction with Firefox has decrease since they've started their "quick release" updates. Just about the time I get used to the last set of changes, they've rolled out something else I need to get used to. And yet they're not fixing bugs that came up for releases ago.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote