View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 06:14 PM   #15
jlmwrite
Zealot
jlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Samsung Tab S8.4, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Still waiting for the GT10.1 to be delivered to Colorado. None of the Best Buys have them yet (I was there just after opening this morning and again around 3pm), and am on waiting lists at my 3 closest stores.

My beloved, rooted Nook Color may be relegated to stepchild status if I love the new GT as much as I think I will. Still not 100% sold on that 10.1" form factor but it is much thinner than my NC and not that much heavier. My other reservations are the non-standard connector (really, Samsung? Couldn't do a micro-USB, could you?) and the lack of an SD slot. I do appreciate the redesign from this year's earlier introduction but how many square millimeters does a micro-SD slot take up anyway?

I spent some time dinking with Honeycomb 3.1 on the Xoom today, and found it just different enough to make it more fun than Froyo. The few Honeycomb specific widgets really are nice. I also installed the Nook app and Aldiko to test reading on the Xoom --- very nice. Reading on the thinner, lighter GT10.1 (and without the store's security thingie) should prove to be even more rewarding than on my NC.

Without actually touching a GT10.1 yet, I'm pretty sure this will be my new favorite toy. I hope the 32gb version make it no later than Sunday; we are leaving on vacation early Monday, and what a truly excellent toy this would be for me on the plane ride and while the missus is driving!
jlmwrite is offline   Reply With Quote