View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 07:46 PM   #4
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebusinesstutor View Post
So even if I did download the Kobo app and buy it the ebook at kobobooks.com how would my local store or even the Chapters chain benefit?
Well, if you did buy your e-books via Kobo, your local Chapters store could still benefit if you were to pay for your Kobo book purchases via one of those refillable Chapters Gift Cards*, which you could then top up by going back to the store and handing your credit card to the cashier to add extra funds.

That way at least the store would be seen as bringing in the sales for some item or other and hopefully not shut down as unprofitable.

It would also prevent having a lot of small charges which might trigger an attempted fraud alert at your CC company.

* I've been paying for all my Kobo books since the holidays with a generous gift card balance from the out-of-province relatives, which they purchased in their local Chapters.

Thank you, generous out-of-province relatives!
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote