View Single Post
Old 03-12-2011, 12:19 PM   #1
Andalusian_Wolf
Andalusian_Wolf began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle
Yet another pdf to mobi conversion problem (Calibre)

Hello,

I am sorry if this has been asked before, I have been unable to find such question on the board. I am trying to convert a pdf file into mobi format in order to render it readable on my Kindle. I am using Calibre which I am willing to try out on the grounds of the opinion that it messes less with the text and layout than Mobipocket Creator which I've been using so far (I have lots of scholarly books in pdf which I'd love to read on my Kindle, but Mobipocket messes a lot with the abundant footnotes and the like making it very unwieldy).
Unfortunately, what Calibre does, is convert only the cover (both front and back, i.e. the first and the last page of the pdf, which are also the first and the last location of the output mobi file), the table of contents and editorial data on the first two or three pages. The entire actual text (ca. 450 pages) is mysteriously lost and all I get is a mobi file of 29 locations. I would appreciate any thoughts on why this happens and how to prevent it. Thank you in advance.
Andalusian_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote