View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 08:51 PM   #140
DarkScribe
Apprentice Curmudgeon.
DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite, Touch, Paperwhite, Sony, and Nook.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I'm very curious about this.

I now have two front-lit e-ink devices (Kindlewhite and Kobok Glo) and I'm so happy with the technology, that I don't see myself ever buying another e-ink reader that does NOT have this as part of the built-in technology. My thinking is: It can only get better.

My question is mainly directed toward members who now own a front-lit e-ink reader, but please feel free to jump in if you do not meet this qualification.

Would you ever buy another e-ink device that does not have this front-lit capability?

Don
If my DX-G failed or was lost I would definitely try to find another one as I regard it as the most satisfactory reader in good light. I also love my PW for reading in bed, much better than any book light. Prior to buying a PW I used to clip a focused goose-neck lamp to the bedhead for night reading and it disturbed my wife if she was not also reading. She has no objection to the PW although she does not want one herself - she uses the external lamp.
DarkScribe is offline   Reply With Quote