View Single Post
Old 06-18-2021, 09:40 AM   #11
faet.snopp
faet.snopp shares his or her toysfaet.snopp shares his or her toysfaet.snopp shares his or her toysfaet.snopp shares his or her toysfaet.snopp shares his or her toysfaet.snopp shares his or her toysfaet.snopp shares his or her toysfaet.snopp shares his or her toysfaet.snopp shares his or her toysfaet.snopp shares his or her toysfaet.snopp shares his or her toys

Device: kindle pw2,pw4
Hi there,

Quote:
I might be missing out here, but do i need to fire up joplin in my pc everytime i want to sync notes?
with this described way this is correct. Joplin has to run on a computer in the local network and the intermediary has to forward the incoming traffic to the port 41184 on localhost. If the computer in the lan is not reachable for any reason (e.g. because joplin isn't running), KoReader will crash.

But once the notes are in Joplin, you can push them to your Nextcloud for example and then sync them from there to other Joplin instances. As I understood by now, this would also be the function of the Joplin server (being a central hub of sorts, though this might not be correct since I still only took a very superficial look on the server part.).

So:
1. Set up your computer with Joplin and socat/netsh to push your notes from KoReader to Joplin.
2. Push sync your notes between Joplin instances via a centralized component like Nextcloud (or probably the Joplin Server part).

Quote:
Seamless note syncing between devices sounds very appealing
If you mean by "syncing between devices" syncing between KoReader Apps running on different devices I fear sharing is not possible, since the Joplin plugin only allows exporting but not importing if I'm not mistaken.

So far,
snoPp

Last edited by faet.snopp; 06-18-2021 at 09:42 AM.
faet.snopp is offline   Reply With Quote