View Single Post
Old 11-20-2017, 10:19 PM   #1
anarcat
Connoisseur
anarcat began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Onyx Boox Note Pro 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, Pixel 4a
flatten file browser?

Hi!

First of all, thanks so much for the hard work done on the file manager UI. I think it is a great improvement to have metadata and covers available there: it really improves the display and usability of the file manager.

I still think some improvements would be necessary before I completely ditch the old Nickel interface from my Kobo. The problem that remains for me is that when I browse the root of my Calibre-managed Kobo directory (/mnt/onboard), I get presented with a list of authors. That's the way Calibre does thsi by default, and I'm not sure I know how (or even want to) change this pattern.

Compare this with how Nickel works: when I browse books, I have a flat list that I can sort by last added, author, etc...

Would it be possible to have an option to "flatten" the directory hierarchy the same way? It seems that the file manager already "knows" about all the books in the subdirectories: it's telling me how many there are in each of those. Couldn't there be an option to just show all the files within all the directories in my home?

This would be the cherry on top that would make koreader finally usable for my use case, and I believe it would complete the UI redesign work started months ago.

Thanks!
anarcat is offline   Reply With Quote