View Single Post
Old 05-06-2016, 08:11 AM   #7
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
@pipcat, surquizu

I'm still on FW 3.19.5613. I can confirm the original patch, as shown in post #1, works fine for me.

Great work, guys, karma coming your way .

I've been able to move all my non-Kobo Eng-Eng dictionaries into Extras instead of pseudo-renaming them to masquerade as the (unused by me) monolingual German, French etc default dictionaries. Hopefully this will mean that, on the rare occasion when I let Kobo Desktop sync my devices, it won't keep overwriting them with the official versions.

Just for fun (I really need to get out more!) I also created from scratch a small extra dictionary from the terms found in the Glossaries of the first 2 books in the Robert Jordan Wheel of Time series. The dictionary pop-ups are certainly more convenient than having to constantly turn to the Glossary at the back of the book. There are some limitations, because I don't think there's a way of looking up multiple words as a phrase. I had to work round it by adding 2 entries for 2-word terms, etc. Only time will tell whether it was worth the manual effort involved in creating the dictionary contents.

Last edited by jackie_w; 05-06-2016 at 08:14 AM.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote