View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 12:17 AM   #10
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
*sigh* Same here. Given Stanza is already pretty old software-wise and has pretty much had the same features since its release, I'm confused as to why the current crop of reader apps still can't match its feature set.
I think its more a matter of won't, rather than can't. Also there may be some issues with regard to Amazon now owning it, and perhaps some of the features, if turning up in other apps, may draw lawsuits? Amazon would not give a rats a$$ that we want the features, or that they arent providing them. If they got wind that someone was producing something which is essentially a Stanza clone (and I wish someone would, just to test the waters) they would likely take them to the cleaners. Too much of a risk, I suspect.

In the meantime I am contemplating forking out for a developer licence, in order to have a go, myself. Contemplating, mind you... I have no background in coding, so theres a very very steep learning curve ahead. But I am sick to death of not being able to get what I want. Stanza spoilt me. Totally. The only other apps I find even remotely acceptable (apart from ibooks and apabi) are on android.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote