View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010, 11:19 PM   #7
Vintage Season
Pulps and dime novels...
Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura/Kobo Aura One LE/iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxx6166 View Post
I like the concept but fear its future implications. If it's a scroller atop the forum, it would have to be specific to that one in particular.
If you mean specific to the Author Self-Promotions forum (so that it didn't appear everywhere else), then yes. In my own mind I think that was already a given, but I just double-checked, and I hadn't explicitly stated that in the suggestion. Good catch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxx6166 View Post
But, if implemented will probably create even more gypsies than we already have now. And that could even lead to Alex implementing some sort of paid advertising by authors.
I honestly hope not, although it is a valid concern. Paid advertising would defeat the purpose of a random-yet-thorough rotation, so I would hate to see things go that way.

- M.
Vintage Season is offline   Reply With Quote