View Single Post
Old 01-23-2017, 11:53 AM   #68
dickloraine
Guru
dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 350, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamStatic View Post
Hello, still enjoying this tool. Next time you are tweaking on it, I thought of a couple of useful additions if possible? Would love the ability to map Count (or number of issues) to a custom integer column. Also, since we don't really have the comicvine id mapped into Calibre it would be cool to map Web to the bottom of the summary field as a URL. Below is how the code looks when Calibre inserts a URL into the Summary field. Either way, I appreciate this tool. It has saved me so many hours of manual entry.

i.e.
Code:
<p class="description"><a href="http://www.comicvine.com/aphrodite-ix-cyber-force-1/4000-459713/">http://www.comicvine.com/aphrodite-ix-cyber-force-1/4000-459713/</a></p>
I added the needed code to my development build and it looks as if it works I implemented the comicvine link as another customn column, since this is not a standard field in comic metadata and prone to being outdated sometimes. You can still see it at the bottom of the comments, if you just set the field to be shown there via the calibre preferences for the detail view. The column type is comment. The only question remaining is, if I show the whole link adress as the link tag or if I show a description like just "ComicVine-Link" (and assume the users are hiding the column from view, since it looks then pretty useless). Showing the whole adress allows doing things with the column (I don't know what or to which end, but maybe someone will use the data in the column directly) while showing just a description looks nicer in the details view.

In addition an option is added to also convert zips and rars to cbz. I will test it some more and then update the release version in a few days.

Last edited by dickloraine; 01-23-2017 at 12:00 PM.
dickloraine is offline   Reply With Quote