View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 09:21 PM   #11
lionel47
Addict
lionel47 doesn't litterlionel47 doesn't litter

Device: B&N Nook, Nook Color
I am on my first business trip with my new 900. I thought it looked great on the plane with sunlight streaming in the window. However, I do have issues with the lack of contrast in normal room lighting where I would usually read books.

I got this reader last Saturday but I will be returning it to the store this Saturday. I have felt my eyes hurting when reading in normal light and that is not acceptable. Also, I don't think I should need an extra light to read under normal conditions.

Having said that, having the NY Times automatically appear every morning is way better than the USA Today hotels seem to favor. The feature set is also very good and well designed on the 900. I marked up a PDF of a flowchart on my flight out here. It's not paper but it definitely is easier to carry a lot of documents across an airport.

Overall, I think Sony did a fine job on the 900 in every area except the screen. If I could get the Nook screen on it, I would keep it.

BTW, I ordered my Nook and it should be there when I get home from my trip. No touchscreen but no glare and higher contrast. It's a trade-off. Hope this helps.
lionel47 is offline   Reply With Quote