Thread: Seriousness Anyone else like old radio shows?
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 10:54 AM   #4
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Thanks for the tip on BBC 7 radio, Harry. I'm listening now to The Man from Munich.

In the '70's I enjoyed the CBS Radio Mystery Theatre which was a program in the same vein as those decades earlier. They were nothing special about these but I enjoyed them. You can find a number of them here: http://www.archive.org/details/otr_c...mysterytheater

I also enjoyed listening to short wave broadcasts for many years until that went into decline recently. And I even remember being pleasantly surprised when I once tuned into a low-power AM radio station broadcast of a woman reading from a book. In contrast, I almost never listen to audio books - I prefer to read them. There's something about listening to a radio production which is really quite satisfying but I can't put my finger on the difference.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote