Thread: Silliness O Tannenbaum!
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2016, 12:45 PM   #9
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I voted neither because I've got two cats who could destroy an anvil with a banana peel! Even though I'm not religious, I'm agnostic, I don't view Christmas as a religious holiday anymore. Americans have made Christmas into a secular holiday more than anything else, even in the Bible Belt where I grew up and still live, and I'm glad we did transform it into a secular holiday. I like the festive things and decorations. I used to love getting together with family over the holidays, but they have all either passed on now or moved far away, so I don't bother with decorating. It is just me and the cats anyway. I do love seeing the decorations around town though. And I do love to watch Chevy Chase in Christmas Vacation and little Ralphie in A Christmas Story.
Never cared for Chevy Chase or that movie. A Christmas Story is good though. My favorite Christmas film is A Christmas Memory [the 1966 version narrated by Truman Capote himself], though it being filmed in B&W it seldom makes it onto television these days.

Oh and How the Grinch Stole Christmas. The animated version with narration by Boris Karloff. Not the Jim Carrey travesty.