View Single Post
Old 10-26-2008, 01:04 PM   #178
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberts324 View Post
Pleade do (as you know, this is a function that _does not_ work on my system with GEBLibrarian, though my configuration seems to the same as yours).

Congratulations to you all, I noticed a lot of improvements on the last versions of impserve, indeed.

I just tried the web surfing functions and found some - minor but often encountered - problems with accented letters as are used in French and many other languages; here is a way to check this point :

From the "Welcome to Impserve" page on the EBW, go to my Lulu storefront (books I translate and publish) at www.lulu.com/robert_soubie. You will notice that words with accented characters in them are not correctly rendered ; for instant, "inédit" comes out with a square root and a copyrigth sign in lieu of the "é".

Of course this has to be an encoding problem (UTF-8 vs ???).

PS: This message was at first ill-placed, so I copied it here.
Yes, it's a UTF-8 encoding issue. The text in your webpage is in UTF-8 encoding (ie. two characters to represent e acute, but the native ebookwise reader is happy to render é as é in windows-1252 encoding.

Can you replace the é in UTF-8 with a é as é ?

Partial website text in windows-1252:
Code:
Le roman Le Nouvel Adam, inédit en France, vient de paraître ; comme les autres oeuvres de Stanley G. Weinbaum, il est disponible en version brochée et, pour les collectionneurs et les bibliothèques de prêt, en version reliée avec jaquette en quadrichromie anti-poussière.
Partial website text with tidy in UTF-8:
Code:
Le roman <i>Le Nouvel Adam</i>, inédit en France, vient de paraître ; comme les autres oeuvres de Stanley G. Weinbaum, il est disponible en version brochée et, pour les collectionneurs et les bibliothèques de prêt, en version reliée avec jaquette en quadrichromie anti-poussière.</h4>
Partial website text with tidy in window-1252
Code:
Le roman Le Nouvel Adam, in&eacute;dit en France, vient de para&icirc;tre ; comme les autres oeuvres de Stanley G. Weinbaum, il est disponible en version broch&eacute;e et, pour les collectionneurs et les biblioth&egrave;ques de pr&ecirc;t, en version reli&eacute;e avec jaquette en quadrichromie anti-poussi&egrave;re.
Hope this helps!

Last edited by nrapallo; 10-26-2008 at 08:16 PM. Reason: typo
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote