View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 08:36 PM   #8
tenntexjlw
tenntexjlw began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Thanks for all the replies. I fixed the problem as far as the epub file goes by validating all my html. I had been assuming a correct display in 5 different browsers meant the code was ok. That was not the case. I still have the problem that I cannot get a mobi file to display different list markers at different levels of a nested list. It makes the list markers at all levels decimal numbers regardless of the styling. When I use KindleGen to convert the epub to mobi, the mobi file displays the nested lists with the correct list markers in the Kindle for pc app but not in the Kindle previewer or mobipocket reader. Can it be that it is impossible to have different list markers at different levels of a nested list in the older Kiindle viewers. Because I had viewed my Amazon kindle files only in the Kindle for pc viewer, I had thought the files were ok. I have yet to be able to see a nested list displayed in Kindle previewer or MobiPocket reader with different list markers at the different levels of a nested list. Does anyone know if this is even possible and, if so, how do you do it. Thanks,
tenntexjlw is offline   Reply With Quote