View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 07:19 AM   #9
hpulley
Addict
hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.

Device: Kobo Vox, Playbook32
When I went looking for a second Vox or something else I went to Futureshop to try out the alternatives. I thought I would buy an Acer Iconia but the screen was a turnoff. The PlayBook was just so fast and the price so good that I got one. At work it pairs with my Bold so well I can go without my workstation. With OS2 on the Playbook you can write Android apps for the PlayBook. I am running the beta and it works. I still love my Vox too but a dual core 1GHz processor is way ahead of the performance of a single older 800MHz processor no matter how you slice it.

I do wish the Kobo app on Playbook and Android was as full featured as the one on the Vox though. Highlighting and sharing are nice features. Plus the Vox only books are cool.

So once February is here the PlayBook will run Android apps too, something to think about.

Last edited by hpulley; 01-22-2012 at 07:24 AM. Reason: Corrected dual CORE processor
hpulley is offline   Reply With Quote