View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 05:05 PM   #2
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainycat View Post
I need to replace my PocketBook 302. Having read through numerous threads, it appears that Onyx has as much trouble putting together a decent firmware as PocketBook does - but Onyx has 9.7 Pearl screens, so I'm strongly leaning towards the M9x series. I have no qualms removing the speaker to alleviate the wacom sensitivity issue. I can probably wait until the M92 is available in .us, but I may need a device sooner. I only use EPUB files.

Is fbreader available for this platform? If not, how many options do I have available for adjusting line height, hyphenation, etc of EPUBs?

Can I install my own fonts? Can I select font size?

What filesystem does the unit use for it's OS and storage? Can I create my own folder structure and copy books directly to the device without using proprietary software? Does the application support symlinks, so books that are in multiple categories need only be copied once? Ideally, I could adapt the script I wrote for my 302 with updated paths.

I saw some screencaps of an sqlite database, that was from the M90? What format are the scribbles saved in? Are the annotations, scribbles, bookmarks, etc sanely named and located so retrieving them from my laptop can be scripted? If I can automate backups, I don't mind resetting the device every so often.

I believe I read somewhere that the device doesn't have a receptacle to store the stylus - is this true? Has anyone determined if any aftermarket covers are a good fit for the device?

Thanks!
you probably saw my screencaps. Those were intended to instruct whoever wanted to try it how to open that file.
My assumption that that is sqllite file was based on a hex dump somebody posted here. That hex started with sqllite

Here is the thread that made me ask for those details

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=373

Unfortunately nobody cooperated...

Last edited by PF4Mobile; 10-11-2011 at 05:11 PM.
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote