View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010, 04:55 PM   #13
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmf View Post
Hi - ok I will scratch around again. I'm surprised nobody has documented this with a full explanation on a static web page. Most of the posts here are incomplete and so are the blogs I've found off this site. It would be a shame for this data to remain unseen by many who might use it to make further inroads into the kindle, given all the good work you and others have put in.
If anybody really needs to know the precise process that the jailbreak update works then they can review the update itself and read the forum posts. It isn't complicated and should be easily understandable to anybody who has reasonable experience with *NIX. Questions are always welcomed here assuming you've put some amount of effort into trying to understand it yourself. No spoonfeeding :P

Once you've installed the jailbreak then you can install any other package you want. No need to reinvent the wheel by making your own variant of the same jailbreak.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote