View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 02:05 PM   #6
stoogeswoman
Zealot
stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: eBookwise 1150 and Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cory02 View Post
I'm curious about how many people are new to eReaders in general or Kindle converts because of the debut of the Kindle 2 (like me.. the Kindle 2 that will be arriving on Tuesday will be my first eReader).

The K2 won me over mainly because of the convenience of buying books over Whispernet and the savings on newer books. I read about 2 books a week so being able to save a couple bucks a book (not to mention the space I'll save by buying eBooks) is pretty significant long-term.
I saw someone reading a Kindle on the subway. I'd never considered any type of ebook reader before, but this "kindled" my interest () and when I got to the office, I started reading everything I could find about it.

The price really put me off, though, so I started looking for other types of ereaders. That led me here, where I saw lots of positive comments about the eBookwise. Since the price was right, I bought one and immediately fell in love.

Plus I was able to get rid of a ton of paperbacks from my personal library (donating them to the public library, of course! ), which made my husband happy since it freed up quite a bit of space in our Tuff Shed!

And um, I just bought a used Kindle 1.0! So I'm a happy camper, though my VISA bill is gonna be interesting next month.
stoogeswoman is offline   Reply With Quote