View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 10:25 AM   #23
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinp View Post
The only one I'm aware of is the Smithsonian app that was also in the Nook app store. I don't remember it having maps and floor plans. The one I'm thinking of mainly had videos.

It may seem silly, but one of the main reasons I switched to the CM10.1 ROM is for the buttons at the bottom of the screen. On my old Nook Tablet, you could swipe across the bottom from right to left to "go back". As far as I know, they didn't put anything like that into the HD+. The button the change between all the open apps is pretty handy.
All the Smithsonian apps in the Play store are downloadable on my HD. That includes the Smithsonian Channel with lots of video.

As for the back button, the stock B&N firmware 2.1.0 and 2.1.1 both have a software back button. It's on the botton nav bar in the form of a white arrow.

Maybe you had the Nook before 2.1.0 was put out in May and so you never saw all the changes? It's possible earlier firmware versions lacked the software back button.

--Pat
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote