View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 10:08 AM   #21
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfollowell View Post
OK, so I have to ask again, how and where did you get the Swype keyboard? My HD+ has already been rooted using this same method for quite some time. I also installed the extras zip mentioned in the thread. However, while there may be more apps showing than before I did this, Swype certainly isn't one of them. It doesn't show up from the Play Store or the Amazon app store on my HD+ period and it still shows up as incompatible from the Play Store and the Amazon app store on my computer. I believe you guys that it works. I just have no idea how I'm supposed to be able to get it.

- Byron
Can you see and download apps like TV Guide, Weatherbug, and Yelp? If not, either the EXTRAS mod is not compatible with your ROM or it was applied incorrectly OR you just have to wait a few days till the changes fully take effect.

The EXTRAS mod works extremely well on the stock B&N firmware. I have Swype. I can download Weatherbug and Yelp. I can even download GPS navigation apps (though they obviously won't work on my device).

There is one thing, however. It took a few days at least for those apps to show as compatible with my device in the Play store. Immediately after you apply the EXTRAS, you can sideload. But for some reason, your device doesn't register as compatible with the GPS and location finder apps for a few days or longer. To kick start the process, find an APK of an app like TV Guide or Yelp on the web and sideload it to your device. That's what I did. Then all of a sudden days later, all these apps and more show up as available to you in the App store.

When did you apply the EXTRAS mod? What firmware are you running?

--Pat
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote