View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 07:07 PM   #6
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKPinner View Post
...I read a lot in bed and don't want to buy an e-reader that will have issues with lighting. That's what led me to not consider Kobo as it seems the light is quite bright even at the lowest settings.
I recently got a Kobo Glo and I couldn't disagree more with that. When in a normally lit room, the difference between the lowest setting and off is barely discernible. When in a totally dark room, the lowest light setting is very comfortable to read by, for myself I could even turn it up a notch or two from the lowest setting and still not be too bright.

The light is also very even... there are no cones at the bottom of the screen as I've read about the Paperwhite or even the Nook from the top. All in all, I'm very pleased with the light on the Kobo Glo and couldn't ask for anything better with it.

Maybe the hardware has improved some since the initial release, or the newest firmware does a better job of regulating the light. But it might be worth taking a look at the Kobo Glo for yourself and not rule it out just from others' past posts.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote