View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 12:56 AM   #287
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by augusto View Post
Hello to all, this is my first post so is a little introduction.

I have a Kindle 4, and with the new update i tried to update downloading the firmware Update_kindle_4.1.0_B00E.bin but error U006 showed after a failed update.

My mistake in the first place was not to keep the original ad remover to later know what to uninstall.

As a solution I found forensic images and tried to flash them to my kindle. Used the guide provided by this thread, fastbooted and flashed the 4.0.1 images.
After the last reboot command the device didn't start.

Summary
Symptoms: can't boot kindle to default state, kindle always in HID-Mode, MfgTool appears not to change boot mode (although it runs OK). Fastboot keeps in < waiting for device >.
Host OS: Windows 7 x64
USB HID/PID: 15A2/0052 REV_0001
Fastboot tool used: the one provided in guide (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2001683).
Device detected as: NS Blank CODEX

I charged the whole night plugged to the pc via usb and still the same problems, seems as MfgTool is not doing anything.

I would really appreciate some ideas to unbrik the device. Be assured that any other info, if needed will be provided.

Thanks!
Windows 7 x64 is not win32. Win32 fastboot requires the libusb-win32 device drivers. x64 windows cannot use 32-bit drivers. You need to do this in a 32-bit windows (on a different PC, or in a VM with USB passthrough support, such as VirtualBox). Or you can use a linux fastboot.

MfgTool does not save fastboot bootmode. You can boot to diags and save fastboot mode from the diags exit menu "install fastboot bundle" option. Then you can connect the kindle to a different computer to run fastboot (or reboot the computer from a linux liveCD distro to run linux fastboot).

Last edited by geekmaster; 06-06-2012 at 12:59 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote