View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 03:24 PM   #6
p_a_smith
Me, Myself, but not I
p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Acer 200, Asus FHD, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
@P.A. The sqlite folder is in the same place on Windows 7, but I can't see any way to access the books themselves, can you? I believe if you want the ePUBs, you have to use ADE--which means that DRM will be attached, but at least the books are there.
Far as I know there is no way to access the books within the sqlite database (I think pholy is right and it is encrypted). I can look at some of the data from the book (e.g whether it has been read) but can't access the individual books.

You certainly can download the epubs using ADE. I normally don't from the kobo site for two reasons - no book I have downloaded that way ever has a cover with it and sometimes the margins are too large making the book hard to read. I always get a cover and proper margins using the kobo desktop reader to download my kobo purchases.

Last edited by p_a_smith; 09-05-2010 at 03:25 PM. Reason: I can't speel
p_a_smith is offline   Reply With Quote