View Single Post
Old 09-30-2021, 12:03 AM   #11
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
At one time, I read an article (might have been one of Analog's science fact articles) which tried to estimate the average age of death for an "immortal" human. They assumed the body would be maintained at about 35-40 years and that you could still be killed by accident, etc. The statistics they used came up with an average age at death of 400 years. I suspect that number would actually be higher given that increased concentration on safety is likely to be a result of knowing you could live longer. Something like Niven's Puppeteers.

Admittedly, I wondered then and still do as to whether a 400+ year old human would still think in ways even close to the average human today.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote