View Single Post
Old 09-29-2020, 10:22 AM   #1
andy18cruz
andy18cruz began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note 2
Question about scanned PDF's on 10 inch Ereader

Hi, I'm new here and I was looking to buy a ereader for work. I work mostly with PDF's, which I know it's not the best format for ereaders. I have researched quite a bit in the last few weeks and it seems that the best choice for me would be the Onyx Boox Note 2 as it has great options to costumize the reading experience with PDF's, has a stylus to right quick notes in pdf itself and runs android 9.0 allowing me to work directly with google drive. Although I work with normal pdf, I have quite a few technical books that were scanned and converted to pdf (most I already convert to OCR as well). They 100% text based and 2 pages in A4 format to be read in landscape mode, which is fine by me. My question is how would Boox Note 2 (or other equivalent ereaders) performe with those scanned books on pdf? Would the text be visible with no problems and allow me to underline and takes notes like most pdf programs on windows or android do? Preferably I could also highlight text, like I can on a computer. Note 2 is price, more than 500 euros, i actually costs more than my current laptop, so I want to make sure it works without problem. E-ink is something I think is great because I spend most of my day looking at a screen and this could help my eyes. Getting a tablet is a option, Samsung Tab S6 lite looks great with the stylus, but it would have blue light and has all the distractions that a tablet has. An ereader would be a productivity only device. Thanks for the tips.
andy18cruz is offline   Reply With Quote